Start Date: Immediately
Rate: £40,000 per Annum
Location: Remote/Dorset, UK
Job Type: Permanent
Engagement Type: Support
Description: My client is a specialist Financial Services organisation with a vacancy for an Oracle Financial Systems Technical Support Analyst.
As Technical Support Analyst in the Finance Systems team you will provide vital analytical and technical expertise to support, maintain and develop the complex Financial Systems.
You will assist in ensuring the ongoing quality and accuracy of inbound/outbound data flows between the Financial systems and source systems around the business.
You will play a key part in the production and end-to-end reconciliation of financial reporting and MI data and provide support to the Finance Systems Technical Manager with the ongoing management and continuous improvement of the corporate accounting platform.
Minimum Years Experience: 3 Years
5 Key Skills Required:
– You have expert Functional and Technical knowledge of Oracle Financials R12 with relevant IT or Programming Qualifications.
– You have demonstrable experience of supporting Oracle R12 finance applications.
– You have good knowledge of PL/SQL, Unix and sFTP concepts, and knowledge of specialist tools such as TOAD, DATALOAD, Core FTP, PuTTy, Workflow Builder and J-Developer.
– You possess advanced MS Excel and Access skills including development of full VBA routines, Macros, Functions, Pivot tables and ODBC data interfaces.
– You have strong knowledge and experience in data models, mapping, testing, security, data governance, and audit compliance.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
– You will assist in ensuring all financial transaction processing is carried out accurately and efficiently, and that issues are investigated and fixed in line with the relevant controls and governance to minimise operational risk, as well as any risk to our customers and suppliers.
– You will provide second line support and expertise on the corporate accounting platform including AP, AR, GL, Cash Manager and iProcurement. Perform in depth functional and technical investigation to diagnose issues and develop appropriate solutions.
– You will support transactional interfaces and month end routines ensuring data integrity is maintained at all times. Understand the concept of transaction headers, lines and distributions so that problems can be diagnosed and processed in line with accounting standards.
– You will diagnose, triage or fix incoming issues requesting assistance from appropriate team member(s) where necessary. Record and monitor issues and review in-flight issues regularly with the Finance Systems BAU Technical Manager to identify recurring issues or key man dependencies where cross-training, documentation or process improvement could be of benefit.
– You will assist with the set up of training workshops and environments that are tailored to the specific processes employed by the company. Sometimes lead workshops and training sessions in cooperation with other team members.