Start Date: Immediately
Rate: £72,000 per annum
Location: London, UK
Job Type: Permanent
Engagement Type: Technology Manager
Description: The IT BP function collaborates with business stakeholders to understand business priorities, how they relate to the overall strategic direction and then communicates these priorities into Technology’s various teams to ensure we deliver fit for purpose solutions.
The purpose of the Senior Business Partner (Senior BP) is to set the vision of the IT Business Partner (IT BP) function, establish a strategy and manage a team of four IT Business Partners within Technology. As a trusted advisor, the Senior BP influences the business to leverage IT to support their business model and influences within Technology to ensure process, technology and delivery is meeting business needs.
Minimum Years Experience: 5 Years.
5 Key Skills Required:
– Strategic planning, budget setting, pipeline/demand and capacity management.
– Ability to communicate effectively – verbal, face-to-face, visual, written and workshops/presentations.
– Exceptional track record of managing strategic relationships with business stakeholders.
– Assessing and/or developing business cases to support ICT investment decisions.
– Natural problem solver, whilst understanding strategic and tactical implications.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
– Establishing and executing an IT Business Partnering vision and strategy to give direction to the IT BP’s and Technology. This includes an engagement/channels strategy to provide a clear communication of how customers can engage with Technology.
– Managing four IT BP’s, the Senior BP will set objectives, act as a sounding board, monitor staff performance and support staff development.
– Building long term strategic relationships within the business, the Senior BP understands the business model, understands and interprets the organisational strategies to consider where Technology can add value; providing the link between the business units and Technology. The IT BP function is the primary point of Technology contact for strategic and tactical priorities.
– The Senior BP partners with the business on annual business planning, ensuring key projects or work needing an IT solution are identified and fed into Technology’s demand management / pipeline process. This includes liaising and informing Finance/HR/Procurement of upcoming change/impacts and assisting the Head of Business Systems with budgeting and strategic planning.
– The person in this role must have a high level of Leadership, Political Savvy and Organisational Agility and should be able to gain trust and respect from various stakeholders in business and Technology.