Start Date: Immediately
Rate: £60,000 per annum
Location: Northamptonshire, UK
Job Type: Permanent
Engagement Type: Strategy and Management
Description: Reporting to the Head of HR Systems & Payroll you will be responsible for the running of the payroll service. The role is a critical part of the Senior Management team and you will have a team manager and team of payroll resources who support the administration of both the monthly and weekly payrolls.
This role will play an integral part of our team by ensuring we are providing the best possible service to both our internal and external customers. You will be an expert in your field and fully understand payroll as well as a thorough understanding of UK payroll legislation.
Minimum Years Experience: 10 Years
5 Key Skills Required:
– Demonstrable knowledge of UK payroll legislation, practices and procedures with an aptitude to understand business requirements.
– Sound understanding of all legal and statutory regulations relating to the management and operation of a payroll function, including PAYE, NIC, SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, student loans, DEA’s, court orders etc.
– Experience of working within large scale HR Shared Service Centre customer focused environment with previous leadership experience within a Payroll function.
– Proven experience of Oracle Payroll, HR & Oracle Time and Labour modules.
– Proven record of communicating and influencing across a range of audiences internally and externally.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
– You will review the existing processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvements and new ways of working.
– Develop a collaborative culture, drive cross sharing of expertise to broaden individual capability, to allow more flexibility resourcing and reduce reliance on individuals.
– This role will have overall responsibility for administration in relation to Pension scheme payments being submitted to the pension provider and liaising with Finance from a costings perspective.
– This role will be accountable for ensuring we hit the required deadlines set by the HRMC and will work closely with our internal tax team as required.
– You will be responsible for driving the Payroll vision at a strategic level and influencing stakeholders and developing new and improved ways of working.