Start Date: Immediately
Rate: £40,000 per annum
Location: Remote, UK
Job Type: Permanent
Engagement Type: Customer facing/Support
Description: We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Consultant to join our growing infrastructure team, who will help drive forward the this strategically key area of delivery. This role is within our Managed Services team, and within our Infrastructure capability. The role will involve occasional client site (UK wide) travel. The role will also require the consultant to rotate into the on-call rota covering second line call out support for high severity issues.
Minimum Years Experience: 3 Years
5 Key Skills Required:
– 3 or more yearsâ Linux systems administration experience. This should include experience of installation, patching, upgrading and administering Linux systems. Systems administration experience on other enterprise server operating systems, e.g. Windows Server or Solaris, is also an advantage, but not essential and Linux is the priority skillset. Experience of common linux-based systems such as IPA, sendmail, CUPS etc is required.
– An awareness of networking technologies, including VPNs etc would be useful.
– Knowledge of Oracle Virtualisation technologies would be a distinct advantage, but not essential. An awareness of virtualisation technologies in general is required.
– Experience of supporting the provision of Information Security Management Systems (ISO27001).
– Knowledge of systems architecture design and performance tuning would be desirable.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
– Drive forward the Infrastructure team.
– Be responsible for Linux systems administration – installation, patching and upgrading.
– Support the provision of Information Security Management Systems (ISO27001).
– Provide on-call support on a ropta basis, covering second line call out support for high severity issues.
– Work on presentations & pre-sales support in a Client Facing role.